Recreational Equipment Inc., also goes by the name REI is a go-to place for buying sports gear, travel gear, necessary camping equipment, seasonal clothing, etc. Most of the questions asked on Google about REI is whether REI price matches with amazon. But the important question is whether REI Price Match any of its competitors? All your questions regarding the REI price match and REI price adjustment will be answered further in this article.
Does REI Price Match?
Without wasting your time, the simple answer is No. REI price match policy is not mentioned anywhere on their official website. People confuse the REI price adjustment policy with the price match policy. But they both are different things. So why there is no price-match possible at REI? With some further digging, we have found their reason why.
|Price Match/Adjustment Period||14 Days|
|Match Local Competitor’s In-store Price||No|
|Match Local Competitor’s Online Price||No|
|Official Website Link||REI Price Match|
|Where can I do a Price Adjustment?||Contact their customer support|
Why Does REI Not Price Match?
REI is a member-owned cooperative business. This means their primary focus is providing benefits to their member through member-only discounts and sharing profits with their shareholders (dividends). This way they encourage their future customers to become a member so that they can claim member-only discounts and perks. So, there is no REI price match policy because of their status as a cooperative business with a priority on their members. However, they make sure that its non-members get the best price available in the market.
REI Co-op Membership and Benefits
REI has one of the most amazing membership programs. Their Co-op membership is not something that you’ll have to pay for every month. Their lifetime membership will only cost you $20. The members can get member-exclusive items like snowshoes and xc skis. REI provides some excellent membership-only perks listed below.
- Annual REI member dividend
- Trade-in programs for used items
- REI members forum
- REI members can get 10% off on the shopping of bikes, skies, and Up to 33% off on camping gear.
- Members can also have special pricing on REI adventure trips.
If you are an REI Co-op member, you can also apply for an REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard. If your request gets approved, you’ll get a $100 REI gift card for any purchase that you make within 60 days of the approval.
You May Also Like: Guitar Center Price Match
REI Price Adjustment Policy
Though REI does not have an official REI price match policy, they do provide a price adjustment on any product that falls under their price adjustment conditions. There is a lot of confusion on the internet on what is an REI price adjustment. Let us be clear that their price adjustment only applies to products purchased from their local store or REI.com.
If you buy a product from their nearby store or REI.com and the price goes down right after purchasing it, you can ask for a price adjustment within 14 days. If your item is eligible, they will happily refund you the difference between the sale price and the price you paid during the purchase.
Criteria For REI Price Adjustment
Your product should fulfil the following conditions for a hassle-free price adjustment at REI.
- They will only price match if both the products are identical in terms of the product number, colour, and size.
- Make sure to bring the proof of purchase (purchase receipt) and proof of current pricing at REI.
- They do not offer price adjustment on any product purchased from the outlet section of their website. All the items listed in their outlet section have a pre-applied discount.
You May Also Like: Sears Price Match
How to Apply For REI Price Adjustment?
There are three methods for contacting REI for a price adjustment.
- You can ask for a price match on their customer support live chat or visit the nearest store.
- If you live in the US or Canada then you can directly call their customer support on 1-800-426-4840. For international support, you can dial 1-253-892-2500.
- You can also mail them for more info. regarding the price match at REI Email support.
Money-Saving Hacks For REI 2022
It is not rocket science to save money while shopping from REI. You just have to know a few things. Shop smartly and save yourself some money. You can follow these points on knowing how you could save money at REI in the simplest way.
- First and foremost is the benefit of becoming a member. You could save small amounts on most of your purchases.
- You can also use member dividend which gives you a certain amount of money back on your purchases.
- RIE’s garage sale can be a steal, you get gently used or opened products but the conditions are still very good.
- You can also shop from REI Outlet, they also have a 50% off section in their store.
- REI’s anniversary sales could be a huge way to save yourself some money.
Apart from this, you can also watch the video below for more shopping tricks on REI.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I price adjust without the purchase receipt.
No, you will need the receipt, some stores may also allow it if you can prove your purchase similarly.
2. Can I price adjust the products purchased from REI outlets?
No, you can not price adjust outlet store purchases, as they are already sold with a pre-applied discount.
3. Can you shop at REI without membership?
Yes, you can shop without a membership as well. Although there might be some sections in the store only available to the members.
4. Can I price adjust a different product?
No, you can only price adjust a product very similar to yours.
This brings us to the end of the article. As we discussed REI price match is not available at the moment but you can try the REI adjustment policy to get the best out of your purchase. You can check about the company too in case you are going to shop there for the first time. You can check out our other articles on price match, Wayfair price match policy and office depot price match.