Joann is a famous American fabric & craft specialty retailer headquartered in Hudson, Ohio. Its inventory holds amazing deals on different fabrics, seasonal decors, garden & floral supplies, and many more. However, many regular buyers are still confused about whether Joann’s price matches other retailers or not. This guide covers everything related to the Joann price match policy.
Does Joann Price Match Other Retailers?
Yes, the Joann price match policy helps customers to match the pricing of other retailers. Both items should be identical and available in stock at both retailers. For an in-store price match, you’ll need proof of lower pricing such as a current ad or the website’s product page.
|Price Match/Adjustment Period||Not Specified|
|Match Local Competitor’s In-store Price||Yes|
|Match Local Competitor’s Online Price||Yes|
|Where can I do a Price Match?||In-store and Online|
|Official Website Link||Joann|
Requirements for a Price Match at Joann
- The competitor’s ad should be valid/active at the time of price matching.
- It should specify the exact model number, color, quantity, & price of the item.
- The ad has a typographical error.
- It shouldn’t be a screenshot of an advertisement or receipt.
- You will not be able to match the prices of the item if the advertisement is expired.
- Prices of the third-party seller or if the item is from the marketplace
Criteria For Joann Price Match
For a successful price match at Joann, customers should be aware of the following conditions.
- Firstly, both items should be similar in terms of name, color, size, weight, quantity, and model number.
- The item should be available in stock, both at Joann & the competitor.
- For deal website offers, Joann will first verify the price on the retailer’s official website.
- The retailer may also set limitations on quantities of price matches per customer or per item.
- The price match for Wilton 1-4 is eligible.
Can Joann Deny a Price Match Request?
Once you put up a request, Joann’s customer support team may choose to verify the competitor’s identical item, it’s pricing and its availability. If they are unable to confirm the lower price or your request doesn’t meet the Joann price match policy, they may decline your request.
You have to make sure that the item pricing ad the proof is valid. all the conditions should be met. Your item should not fall under any exceptions stated by the brand. This will allow your request to get accepted otherwise Joann reserves the right to decline your request.
Who Does Joann Price Match with?
Joann.com & their local stores will price match the following select online competitors. Along with this, Joann stores also match lower pricing on Joann.com & other brick-and-mortar retailers.
Can I Match Online Prices with In-store?
Yes, if you see an item at a lower price on Joann.com while purchasing at their store, the store will match that price upon your request. You simply have to show the proof of the price n their own website and they will accept your request. Also, they will refund the price difference after the verification.
How Can I Price Match at Joann?
Now that you know the criteria for the price match, simply follow the below steps to request a price match online or in-store.
Simply go to their physical store with proof of a competitor’s lower price. This can be a printed ad or its digital version on your smartphone. You can also directly show them a competitor’s online prices on the website. Once their store associate verifies the ad and pricing of the product, they will match the price for you.
Note: Joann stores in Alaska do not price match with any competing retailers.
While purchasing from Joann.com, follow these simple steps to match the lower prices of its select online retailers. Drop an email at [email protected] with the item number and link to the competitor’s website.
Can I Price Match After a Purchase?
Yes, although the retailer doesn’t mention any eligible deadline, Joann.com does price match after the purchase. You may simply contact their customer care via email or directly call 330-735-6576. Give them your order number and direct them to the competitor’s website with lower pricing.
What Joann Won’t Price Match?
Just like any other policy, the Joann price match policy also excludes some categories of items from price matching. The following items are not eligible for a price match.
- JOANN+ pricing and bulk orders from the retailer.
- Competitors’ online exclusive offers or welcome offers the displays after login.
- Other retailers’ closeout, liquidation & clearance prices.
- Special buy, bundle offers & BOGO offers
- Items that require membership fees, doorbusters & reward club offers.
- Deals on damaged, used & open package items.
- Prices of refurbished or pre-owned items.
- Any marketplace prices from third-party sellers.
Does Joann Offer Price Adjustment?
A price adjustment would help you get a partial refund when Joann’s store/website reduces the price of an item right after your purchase. However, the retailer doesn’t have an official statement on adjusting the sale price after your purchase. Although, it does price-match, other retailers, after the purchase.
You can simply contact their customer support and ask for a price adjustment. You may have to give them your order number and product link on joann.com.
Money-Saving Tips At Joann
Besides using the Joann price match policy to your advantage, there are a few other ways you can save some bucks for a JOANN store or online orders. Here are some tips.
- Sign up for their text & email coupons. Joann sends amazing coupon discounts and you can use more than one coupon per transaction. For instance, you can use a 40% off on eligible items along with a 5$ off coupon.
- Use their mobile app for the purchase. Joann’s app offers exclusive coupons and weekly ads for attractive offers. You’ll be aware of any ongoing discounts that can benefit you.
- All departments at Joann’s has a clearance section. You must check out these deals to get useful products at cheaper rates.
- Buy patterns during sales only. Patterns that sell for around $20 can easily drop to $2 per piece during the sale. Patterns can go on sale for about 3 days or the whole week sometimes.
- Joann’s also accepts coupons from other retailers like Hancock Fabrics, Aaron Brothers, Michael’s, and Hobby Lobby.
- High school & college students can get a 10% student discount and 2 coupons for every purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I add coupon discounts while price matching?
No, you may either price match with a competitor's lower price or use your coupon code for a discount.
2. How can I price match over a call?
You will have to simply direct the call attendee to the competitor's website to show them the lower price.
3. Does Joann issue rain checks for out of stock items?
No. Joann does not issue rain checks or special orders if a competitor's lower-priced item is out of stock at JOANN stores or joann.com.
4. Can I price match after purchase?
Yes, you can price match after your purchase as well and we would recommend to price match as soon as possible.
Joann is many people’s go-to spot for fabrics, crafts & decor items, and with the Joann price match policy, you can match the pricing of major online retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, etc. Their retail stores also match local brick-and-mortar store prices as long as you have proof of lower pricing.