Several advantages are available to Costco customers. One of them is price adjustment. Price adjustment means the store will refund the difference if something you purchased goes on sale later. Yes, that’s exactly what you heard. If you think about it, you probably have a lot of questions, for example, What does Costco Price Adjustment exactly mean? How to follow its process and what happens? Let us jump into it.
Costco Price Adjustment
What if you bought a product from Costco for $299 and it later dropped to $149? Thankfully, in this case, the Costco price adjustment policy will come in handy. Prices of Costco items can be adjusted within 30 days after purchase. Costco or Costco.com may lower the price of the same product if you find it at a lower rate. Costco will only adjust the price of an item purchased from Costco or costco.com. The product’s price can also be adjusted if it declines after you purchase it. It might be confusing so I’ll use an example to explain.
Costco Price Adjustment Policy
Costco offers affordable prices to its customers. This is why they offer the best brand product at the lowest prices. Since they offer the lowest prices for branded items, they do not match other retailers’ prices. As per Costco Price Match Policy online, a full refund will be provided in case of customer dissatisfaction. Home Depot and Staples’s price match policies are also similar for providing the full refund.
|Price Adjustment Period||30 Days|
|Match Local Competitor’s In-store Price||No|
|Match Local Competitor’s Online Price||No|
|Contact Number||1 (800) 774-2678|
|Official Website Link||Costco|
|Where can I do a Price Match?||In-Store & Online|
For Products Purchased From Store
Your partial refund can be claimed if the product was purchased at the store and the price changed. Here are some of the points you have to know for the Costco price adjustment policy for the product purchased from the store.
- There is no price match offered by Costco with other retailers as per the Costco price match policy.
- During the first 30 days after purchase, the customer must request a price adjustment.
- You will receive a refund within 3 to 5 days.
- You can visit the store with a receipt of the product.
For Products Purchased Online
In the case of a price reduction on an identical product purchased online from Costco.com, you can request a price adjustment within 30 days of purchase. The customer service number is 1 (800) 774-2678, or you can fill out the form in your account.
How To Price Adjust at Costco?
In the event the price decreases within 30 days, you may be eligible for a Costco price adjustment. You must follow the following steps to adjust the price.
- It is necessary to find an identical product at a low price for the Costco price match policy to apply.
- As soon as you see a lower price or a product that is on sale, you must go to the nearest store with the receipt to claim it.
- You must contact the desk associates.
- Your refund process will proceed if the product is eligible for adjustment. Within 3 to 5 business days, you will be credited with the difference. The refund will be done for the same account from where the original payment was made.
Limitation of Costco Price Adjustment
For online orders from Costco, there are certain limitations on a price adjustment. For online purchases, you will not receive a price adjustment at the warehouse. Prices are adjusted as per the online price for online products because shipping is included and online prices are slightly higher than store prices.
Does Costco Price Match?
Unfortunately, Costco doesn’t price match with any other online or local competitors. For those who don’t know, in a price match, the company will refund you the difference amount if you can find the same product cheaper in some different store. If you find a product for a lower price, bring the proof and you will be refunded the difference.
For instance, if you purchase a product at $300 from the “A” store and find the same product at $250 in the “B” store. After seeing whether the product meets their price match policy, the store “A” will refund you the difference.
Ultimate Guide To Costco Shopping
Going to buy a few things from Costco? well, you will just save some money if you know a few tips on how to save money while shopping at Costco. One of which we already explained is the price adjustment policy of Costco, but what are the others?
- You can use the Costco return policy and save your money in case you are not happy with your purchase.
- Another way to save is to get a Costco executive membership, this lets you save 2% on your shopping with cashback.
- If you are looking to purchase tires, Bridgestone and Michelin give $70 off alternate months.
- Bottled water is also a great way of saving money when purchased in bulk.
- You can also save like 20 cents on gas from Costco.
If you are strategical about your purchases from Costco, you can save money in many ways. There are even more shopping tricks you could explore and shop smartly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I adjust the price at Costco online?
Yes, you can adjust the price online as well. Just be sure to follow the price adjustment process.
2. What does .97 mean in Costco?
If you can spot a .97 on the price tag of any product at Costco that suggests that it is on clearance.
3. Can I adjust the price after 30 days?
No, therefore you have to be careful and adjust price only within 30 days from your purchase.
4. Is Costco worth for a single person?
Yes, you can get great deals even if you are just buying it for yourself.
Hopefully, you have understood all of the information provided under the Costco Price Policy. In addition to this, the Costco price adjustment policy allows you to save your money, but be aware of changes in the price. Please share your experiences regarding price adjustment in the comments section. If you are having trouble, visit their customer support to get the necessary help. You can also read our other articles like Walmart and Kohl’s price match policy.