Backcountry is a famous E-commerce specialty retailer of clothing & outdoor adventure gear. You can buy equipment for Camping, hiking, biking, rock climbing, fishing, kayaking, and rafting at affordable rates. As an adventurer, you’d surely want to get the best deals and for that, it’s important to know whether Backcountry price matches other retailers or not.
Does Backcountry Price Match with Other Retailers?
Yes. Backcountry.com does actually price match other online retailers. If an online retailer is showing a lower price on the checkout page, then Backcountry will beat it by 5%. You can price match at the time of placing your online order or within 48 hours of the delivery.
- both items should be identical in terms of size, color, and model number.
- Backcountry will match the final price of an online retailer. The final price includes tax and shipping charges to your location.
|Price Match/Adjustment Period||Match - within 48 hours
Adjustment - within 30 days
|Match Local Competitor’s In-store Price||No|
|Match Local Competitor’s Online Price||Yes|
|Where can I do a Price Match?||Online|
|Official Website Link||Backcountry|
Criteria For Price Match
Along with being identical, the following conditions will apply to claim a successful price match.
- The competitor’s website should clearly show the current price.
- The item must be in stock on the competitor’s site.
- You can only match prices with a U.S.-based online retailer.
- The item sold by competitors at a lower price should be brand new. Second-hand products are not eligible.
- You cannot combine price match discounts with any other offer or promotion.
Which Retailers Does Backcountry Price Match?
The retailer doesn’t list any specific eligible competitors for price matches. The retailer says it’ll price match any U.S.-based authorized online store selling identical items at lower prices.
How Do I Price Match at Backcountry?
Since Backcountry is an online retailer, you need to contact their customer support team (Gearhead). If another e-commerce store is offering a lower price, contact Gearhead before placing your order with Backcountry.
- If you’ve already made a purchase and the item is cheaper elsewhere then reach out to Gearhead within 48 hours of delivery to get a refund of the difference amount.
You can contact Gearheads customer support team by online chat 24/7 or dialing 1-855-485-8174.
Can Backcountry Decline My Price Match Request?
You should note that any competitor’s pricing must be verifiable on their online website. The retailer sales staff will take the final discretion on approval of your request.
What Backcountry Won’t Price Match?
Just like any other policy, the Backcountry price match policy excludes price matching on certain items from competitors
- Auction site pricing and cash-back affiliate purchases
- Free offers, bundle offers, , rebates, and one-time-only discounts.
- Lower pricing of a competitor due to typo error
- Competitor’s services such as ski tunes & bike rentals.
- Protect+ Powered by Extend™ products
- Custom orders
- Prices of 3rd party sellers on Amazon & eBay.
Does Backcountry Price Adjust?
Yes. If Backcountry puts an item for sale at a lower price within 30 days of your purchase, then you’ll get a partial refund of the difference amount. Note that the item on sale should have the same size & color as your original purchase.
Backcountry Money Saving Tips
Besides the Backcountry price match policy, there are many more ways to save some money while purchasing from Backcountry. Here are some tips to help you save on your next purchases.
- Clearance section of the website showcases amazing deals on outdoor clothing and accessories.
- Before buying anything new, do consider checking out deals on used items. You don’t need to spend more if you’re getting the same item at more affordable rates.
- Check Facebook Marketplace and connect to any Facebook group dedicated to hiking in your location. Sometimes people post their used gear for sale and you could land on pretty great deals.
- Consider selling your used gear on platforms like eBay, Amazon, or Facebook. It’s always economical to reuse such items.
- GearTrade is a good place to buy and sell used adventure gear.
- Lastly, if an item you want is on sale, do not wait to buy it. Backcountry sale prices and special promotions can end within a few days.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Backcountry Price Match Amazon?
Yes. Backcountry will match Amazon's lower price as long as it's not on any kind of membership sale or discount.
2. Which retailers does Backcountry Price Math With?
Backcountry will match prices with any U.S. based online retailer selling an identical item that's new.
3. Can I Add offers & Promotions to Price Matching?
No. Backcountry doesn't allow combining a price match with any other promotions or discounts. You can only choose one of the two.
4. Can I Match other retailers price after the purchase?
Yes. But you'll have to contact their customer support (Gearhead) within 48 hours of purchase.
Before making a purchase from Backcountry.com, it’s better to check out pricing on other e-commerce stores. Backcountry price matches identical & in-stock items of other online retailers. Price matching with other retailers is possible before checking out or within 48 hours of the delivery. Backcountry will also adjust the price if the item does on sale after your purchase.