Backcountry is a famous E-commerce specialty retailer of clothing & outdoor adventure gear. You can buy equipment for camping, hiking, biking, rock climbing, or fishing at affordable rates. As an adventurer, you’d surely want to get the best deals and for that, it’s important to know whether Backcountry price matches other retailers or not. Go through the entire article to know how you can process your request & which deals will help you save money while shopping.
Does Backcountry Price Match with Other Retailers?
Yes. Backcountry.com price match other online retailers. If an online retailer is showing a lower price on the checkout page, then Backcountry will beat it by 5%. You can price match at the time of placing your online order or within 48 hours of the delivery. You just have to make sure that the items are identical in every aspect from size, and color, to model number. Backcountry will match the final price of an online retailer. The final price includes tax and shipping charges to your location.
|Price Match/Adjustment Period||Match - within 48 hours
Adjustment - within 30 days
|Match Local Competitor’s In-store Price||No|
|Match Local Competitor’s Online Price||Yes|
|Where can I do a Price Match?||Online|
|Official Website Link||Backcountry|
Special Considerations for Price Match
Along with being identical, the following conditions will apply to claim a successful price match.
- The competitor’s website should clearly show the current price.
- The item must be in stock on the competitor’s site.
- You can only match prices with a U.S.-based online retailer.
- The item sold by competitors at a lower price should be brand new.
- Second-hand products are not eligible for a price match at Sunglass Hut.
- You cannot combine price match discounts with any other offer or promotion.
How Do I Price Match at Backcountry?
Since Backcountry is an online retailer, you need to contact their customer support team (Gearhead). If another e-commerce store is offering a lower price, contact Gearhead before placing your order with Backcountry.
If you’ve already made a purchase and the item is cheaper elsewhere then reach out to Gearhead within 48 hours of delivery to get a refund of the difference amount. You can contact Gearheads customer support team by online chat 24/7 or dial 1-855-485-8174.
Can Backcountry Decline My Price Match Request?
You should note that Backcountry price match any U.S based stores. The retailer sales staff will take the final discretion on approval of your request. They will accept the request only after verifying the product. If the product is same in every aspect then they will accept the request and inform you about the further procedings.
Exclusions of Backcountry Price Match Policy
Just like any other policy, the Backcountry price match policy excludes price matching on certain items from competitors
- Auction site pricing and cash-back affiliate purchases
- Free offers, bundle offers, rebates, and one-time-only discounts
- Lower pricing of a competitor due to a typing error
- Competitor’s services such as ski tunes & bike rentals
- Custom orders
- Prices of 3rd party sellers on Amazon & eBay
Does Backcountry Price Adjust?
Yes. If Backcountry puts an item for sale at a lower price within 30 days of your purchase, then you’ll get a partial refund of the difference amount.
Note that the item on sale should have the same size & color as your original purchase.
Backcountry Money Saving Tips
Besides the Backcountry price match policy, there are many more ways to save some money while purchasing from Backcountry. Here are some tips to help you save on your next purchases.
- Clearance section of the website showcases amazing deals on outdoor clothing and accessories.
- Before buying anything new, do consider checking out deals on used items. You don’t need to spend more if you’re getting the same item at more affordable rates.
- Check Facebook Marketplace and connect to any Facebook group dedicated to hiking in your location. Sometimes people post their used gear for sale and you could land on pretty great deals.
- Consider selling your used gear on platforms like eBay, Amazon, or Facebook. It’s always economical to reuse such items.
- GearTrade is a good place to buy and sell used adventure gear.
- Lastly, if an item you want is on sale, do not wait to buy it. Backcountry sale prices and special promotions can end within a few days.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Backcountry price match Amazon?
Yes. Backcountry will match Amazon's lower price as long as it's not on any kind of membership sale or discount.
2. Which retailers does Backcountry price match with?
Backcountry will match prices with any U.S. based online retailer selling an identical item that's new.
3. Can I add offers & promotions with price matching?
No. Backcountry doesn't allow combining a price match with any other promotions or discounts.
4. Can I match other retailers price after the purchase?
Yes. But you'll have to contact their customer support (Gearhead) within 48 hours of purchase.
Before making a purchase from Backcountry.com, it’s better to check out pricing on other e-commerce stores. Backcountry price matches identical & in-stock items of other online retailers. Price matching with other retailers is possible before checking out or within 48 hours of the delivery. Backcountry will also adjust the price if the item does on sale after your purchase.